Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (33): Oath Bound by Rachel Vincent

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, in which bloggers talk about the books they are most eager for! 

Publisher: Mira
Release Date: April 23rd, 2013
*Note: This is an ADULT novel*

The Tower Syndicate will fall...

The secret daughter of the head of an infamous Skilled crime family, Sera Brandt has hidden her past, her potential and especially her powers. But when a tragedy strikes her other family, Sera needs justice. And the only way to get it is to reveal her heritage– including a rare Skill– and take the reins of the Tower Syndicate from her cunning and malicious aunt.

if he can figure out how...

Kristopher Daniels might have the answer. He's fought the syndicate to protect his sisters, but he'd never realized just how close to the new heir he needed to get....

And if they can survive.

Neither is used to trusting. But there's something between them that can't be ignored. And so Sera is on the run with a man she can't figure out, a target on her back and the new knowledge of just how powerful she really is....

Normally I only feature YA books here on the blog, but I'm making an exception for Oath Bound and for Rachel Vincent. She happens to be one of my all-time favorite authors and I have fiercely loved every single book she's published. She has two series coming to an end this year and I'm sure I'll be crying fat ugly tears at the end of both of them (seriously, guys, you should have seen me when I finished Alpha. It was not a pretty sight). 

What I particularly love about the Unbound series (actually, what I think is so fantastic about Rachel Vincent books in general) is how original it is. Such an interesting and intriguing concept, with messed up, hilarious characters to boot. Throw in some organized crime and crazy supernatural powers and you have a unique and captivating series. I'm very excited to see how it will all come to an end (especially after some of the things were learned in Shadow Bound. Jake Tower, I'm ready to see you taken down). I'm sure there will be lots of twists, turns, heart break and humor all wrapped up in a gorgeous package. Oath Bound? I'm ready for you!

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight) 

1 comment:

  1. I have not come across this book before. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!