Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 YA Contemporary Challenge!


Hi, everyone!

So, I kind of failed at Challenges last year. Seriously, failed hard. And with the two challenges I'm hosting this year, I decided to really cut back on signing up this year. But, I did sign up for one and it's the YA Contemporary Challenge hosted by Katie's Book Blog

I love contemporary novels, but I do not read enough of them! I thought this would be a fantastic challenge to get me back into the genre I love so much! Here's my list of the books I'm hoping to read this year! I'm setting my goal at ten (although my list has way more than ten)!


The Grass Is Always Greener by Jen Calonita

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas

You Look Different In Real Life by Jennifer Castle

Dr. Bird’s Advice for Sad Poets by Evan Roskos

Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Just One Year by Gayle Forman

Goldfish by Kody Keplinger

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend by Louise Rozett

What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Shadowlands by Kate Brian

Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter

When You Were Here by Daisy Whitney

Uses for Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt

How I Lost You by Janet Gurtler

Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg

The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr

The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller

Dare You To by Katie McGarry

Golden by Jessi Kirby

Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally

Things I Can’t Forget by Miranda Kenneally

This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E Smith

Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt

Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook

Ilsa and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Afterparty by Ann Redisch Stampler (Edit: Out in 2014 not 2013!)

Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn


Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols

Fire With Fire by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian

17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma

Let's see how many contemporary books I can read!

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ciara,
    I'm thrilled to find Afterparty on your 2013 Contemporary Challenge list in such wonderful company, but alas, it won't be here until 2014. I don't have the new release date yet, but I hope the book can leapfrog onto your list for next year!
    All the best,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will for sure stay on my general To-Read list! It sounds great! Thanks for letting me know about the change :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for signing up for the YA Contemporary Challenge. You have some fabulous looking books on your list. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!