March 1st not only marks the start of a new month, but a start of a brand new book challenge! This one is for Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. The final novel, 13, is out in August, and Lucy over at Moonlight Gleam's Bookshelf decided to celebrate with a year long read-a-thon (or re-read-a-thon) of the series! A bit of information:
- The challenge lasts from March 1st, 2012 to March 31st 2013.
- Each month, participants are asked to read or re-read the title of that month, and make a post about it.
- These posts can be reviews, imaginary casting, playlist, whatever you feel like writing about!
- Participants can join the challenge for a month, or for all thirteen months. Read as little or as much as you like!
- There will be giveaways and bonus challenges every month!
- If participants don't have a blog, they can use their Goodreads account to link up each month.
- It's going to be tons of fun, and is run by a fantastic gal, so participants are sure to have an awesome time!
As someone who is a huge fan of the Women of the Otherworld series, I was ecstatic when Lucy told me her idea! It's going to be great to dive into the series again, one that really opened my eyes to adult books. Although I mainly review YA here, I am making an exception for one of my all time favorite series. I will be trying to do something every month and hope some of you decide to participate as well! If you haven't read the series, this is the perfect opportunity to start. It is an ADULT book, though, which means explicit content, and violence. But, it is a fantastic series, so if you're willing to read adult books then I would highly recommend these ones! If you've already read them, take this as an opportunity to remember all that has happened before it all comes to an end!
Does that sound good? If so, sign up here! It's going to be lots of no-pressure fun, with a great series.
First up is the novel that not only launched the series, but launched the career of one of the best paranormal writers around: Bitten.
Elena Michaels is the world’s only female werewolf. And she’s tired of it. Tired of a life spent hiding and protecting, a life where her most important job is hunting down rogue werewolves. Tired of a world that not only accepts the worst in her–her temper, her violence–but requires it. Worst of all, she realizes she’s growing content with that life, with being that person.So she left the Pack and returned to Toronto where she’s trying to live as a human. When the Pack leader calls asking for her help fighting a sudden uprising, she only agrees because she owes him. Once this is over, she’ll be squared with the Pack and free to live life as a human. Which is what she wants. Really. (Summary from Kelley Armstrong's Website)
I cannot wait to be reintroduced into the enchanting world, beginning with my favorite characters, Elena and Clay. It's gonna be a wild ride, all leading up to what is sure to be a stunning conclusion. I'm going to miss this series, but I can't wait to see what Armstrong has in store for us.
- Ciara who is lost at midnight