Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Waiting On Wedneday (2) - Black Heart by Holly Black

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, in which bloggers talk about the books they are most eager for!

This week's pick: Black Heart by Holly Black 
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Release Date: April 3rd, 2012

Cassel Sharpe knows he’s been used as an assassin, but he’s trying to put all that behind him. He’s trying to be good, even though he grew up in a family of con artists and cheating comes as easily as breathing to him. He’s trying to do the right thing, even though the girl he loves is inextricably connected with crime. And he’s trying to convince himself that working for the Feds is smart, even though he’s been raised to believe the government is the enemy.
But with a mother on the lam, the girl he loves about to take her place in the Mob, and new secrets coming to light, the line between what’s right and what’s wrong becomes increasingly blurred. When the Feds ask Cassel to do the one thing he said he would never do again, he needs to sort out what’s a con and what’s truth. In a dangerous game and with his life on the line, Cassel may have to make his biggest gamble yet—this time on love. (Summary from Goodreads)

It is known around the Twitterverse that Cassel Sharpe is my book husband. (Seriously. He is mine.) I know that marrying into a crime family probably isn't the best choice, but it's Cassel freakin' Sharpe. I just love that boy. To say I'm excited for this book is a serious understatement. The Curseworkers series is, without a doubt, one of the most creative, and fantastic stories out in the YA world right now. Mysterious and intriguing, filled to the brim with magic and heart, this series has captivated me from the first page. Cassel Sharpe is one of those characters you just root for. After everything he's been thorough, he still gets back up and keeps fighting. 

The series will keep your eyes glued to the page as Black weaves a dark tale, with dashes of hope thrown in. The characters are lovable, the plot enchanting, and it is really just a fantastic read. Check this one out, if you haven't already. You will not regret it.

I just found out the other day that I'm going to get to read Black Heart this weekend! The awesome Emilie over at Emilie's Book World has, once again, offered to lend me the ARC she received, which means I get to read Black Heart a month early! Thanks, Emilie! It has made all the work I have to do this week well worth it! 

What books are you waiting for?

-Ciara who is lost at midnight

6 comments:

  1. This sounds really good !
    Great pick!

    Check out my WoW
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-7-pizza-love-and.html

    Also, do check out my Arcadia Awakens Giveaway
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveaway-ebook-arcadia-awakens-by-kai.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure it's going to be great! I'd never heard of your WoW pick, but it sounds really cute!

      Delete
  2. Black Heart was really good! I'm sure you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has Cassel Sharpe in it. There isn't a doubt I will love it :P

      Delete
  3. I'm really disappointed that they changed the cover :(. It will no longer match the books I have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm going to do a post later in the month about cover changes. They really anger me. :( I`m sure the book will be awesome, but I like the old cover much better!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!