Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (1) - This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers

This is my first ever Waiting On Wednesday post! I've loved this meme for a long time, and I'm so glad to be participating. It is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and features books bloggers are anticipating!

This week's pick: This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Release Date: June 19th, 2012
It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self. To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the perfect time to give up.
As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five people who actually want to live. But as the days crawl by, everyone’s motivations to survive begin to change in startling ways and soon the group’s fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life–and death–inside. When everything is gone, what do you hold on to? (Summary from Courtney Summers' website)

I’m absolutely terrified to read this book.

If you’ve ever read a Courtney Summers book, you’ll know what I’m talking about. They all grab you by the heart and pull you through the story, scarring, warming, breaking, and filling your chest with every moment of those books. They are each a treasure in their own way, and I don’t have a doubt in my mind that this one will be too. The reason I’m scared? Well, this is a zombie book. It is pretty much an unwritten rule that zombie books do not end well. So, combine that with Summers’ ability to make you emotionally invested in the story and you have a recipe for heartache. But I will love every minute of it, because it’s Courtney Summers, and she is just fantastic.

Also, this cover! Is it not beauty wrapped up in a creepy blue package? I certainly think so!

Be sure to watch out for This is Not a Test, out June 19th! And if you haven't read a Courtney Summers book of awesome yet, be sure to check out Cracked Up to Be, Some Girls Are and my favourite Fall For Anything.

-Ciara who is lost at midnight

Find this book: AmazonGoodreads | Courtney Summers' website

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of Courtney Summer's work but I've heard great things about it. This book is totally on my tbr list! Great choice!!! Couldn't agree more :)

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    Let's get to 600 Followers Int. Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Courtney Summers is a fantastic author! One of my favorites :D Definitely think about checking her out!

      Delete
  2. I'm so EXCITED to read This Is Not A Test too! :) All of her books have been such great reads which completely hook you in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait!! All of her books are just so stunning, and I'm sure this one will be too! :D We'll have to have a discussion once it comes out!

      Delete
  3. It's my first WoW this week too! So i'm celebrating it with three covers. ;D

    I've heard about This is Not a Test for a while, but I'm not much of a zombie fan recently... I want to wait for a few more reviews before I pick this one up. :)

    New follower!

    My WoW is here. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for WoW newbies lol!

      The thing about Courtney Summers is that her books are very character driven. I doubt the book will be really focused on the zombie aspect but instead how the characters deal with the situation they're in. Either way, Summers is an author to check out :D

      Thank you!! :D

      Delete
  4. This book sounds absolutely fantastic. It has horror. It has teen angst. It has zombies. It has a pun on a very famous play (Also called This Is Not A Test). This will be beautiful... in either a very scary I-Want-To-Call-My-Mommy sort of way, or scary in an "Oh my gosh, I want to recommend this book to everyone so they'll have the same nightmares as me!" kind of way.

    My WOW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn`t agree with you more! It`ll be scary and heart-breaking but I`m going to love every word of it :D

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!