Sunday, February 26, 2012

In My Mailbox (1)


Hello everyone!

I'm really excited to be participating in the awesome meme In My Mailbox! It's hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren and features books that bloggers have received during the week.

So, since my blog just started, I decided to do a massive IMM, including books that I've received over the last month. I'm also making a huge one because I probably won't be doing many, if any, during March. I'm on a strict "no buying books" ban, hoping to save my money for all the books out in April. 

Here are the books and swag I've gotten recently!

Mom's Thrift Store Buys:

Borrowed:

Bought:

Won:

Swag:

Mom's Thrift Store Buys:

So, my mom really loves to shop at the thrift store. Sometimes, she picks me up books. Although I try to keep my books in the best shape possible, when they cost a dollar, I'm flexible. This week she picked me up:

- Tales of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong (Amazon | Goodreads)
I already own this book, so I'm thinking of having a giveaway in honor of Moonlight Gleam's Women of the Otherworld Reading Challenge. More on that later!

- Ghost Story by Jim Butcher (Amazon | Goodreads)

Borrowed:

I want to send a huge THANK YOU to Emilie over at Emilie's Book World. I mentioned on Twitter how excited I was to read Fever by Lauren DeStefano, and Emilie tweeted me that she had an ARC that I could borrow (we live in the same city). I was elated! We met up, shopped around, and she lent me Fever, which I proceeded to finish in a day. So, thanks Emilie! It was really great of you to lend it to me!

- Fever by Lauren DeStefano (Amazon | Goodreads)

Bought:

- Incarnate by Jodi Medows (Amazon | Goodreads)

- Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Amazon | Goodreads)
 
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith (Amazon | Goodreads)

- Hourglass by Myra McEntire (Amazon | Goodreads)

- Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally (Amazon | Goodreads)

- Demonglass (Hex Hall #2) by Rachel Hawkins (Amazon | Goodreads)

- Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson (Amazon | Goodreads)

- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (Amazon | Goodreads)

- Witch & Wizard by James Patterson (Amazon | Goodreads)

- Unbroken (Outcast Season #4) by Rachel Caine (Amazon | Goodreads)

Won:

- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (Amazon | Goodreads)

Thanks, again, to Emilie for the contest! Can't wait to read Lola!

Swag:

For the launch of the Lunar Chronicles series, author Marissa Meyer asked everyone to tweet a picture of themselves wearing red shoes. Anyone who did so would get a package of swag! I received a couple bookmarks, a signed bookplate, and some stickers. Thanks, Marrissa!

-Cinder by Marissa Meyer (Amazon | Goodreads)

For the launch of The Way We Fall, author Megan Crewe offered up a signed book plate and a bookmark! Can't wait to read this one! Thanks, Megan!

- The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe (Amazon | Goodreads)


Phew! Well, that was a long post! How were your mailboxes this week?

- Ciara who is lost at midnight

24 comments:

  1. Aaaaah! You won Lola! I won Anna, and an excerpt of Lola was at the end and now I'm dying to read this one as well! *_*

    Jealous you've read Fever already, it's still on my wishlist.

    Happy reading!

    Here's my IMM. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!
    You got some really amazing books, plus you got tons of them!
    Happy Reading!

    Nick @ Nick's Book Blog

    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-6.html

    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom has good taste in books!

    Also, Graceling IS SOOOO GOOD! AND so is Hourglass and Statistical Probability and Fever and The Sky Is Everywhere!

    Great haul this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Books!! And this is your fist IMM! SO coool!
    Hope you enjoy all the books! I CANT WAIT TO READ FEVER!!! And awesome swag!

    New Follower ;)
    Here is our imm: http://majibookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-our-mailbox-18-thrillers-and-wolves.html

    Farah @MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is not a single book on this list that I haven't been dying to read or didn't complete love. Statistical Probability and Graceling are awesome and LOLA!?!? So jealous!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love shopping thrift stores, too!

    Great selection of books!

    Come stop by
    MY IMM http://pnrurbanfantasyreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. SCORE! What an awesome book to win!! Congrats! Also, glad to see I am not the only one who buys in bulk!! ;)

    Here is my IMM

    Happy Reading!
    Lindsay @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  8. You blog looks great! And you got some very nice books in there (: A big bunch of them are on my TBR, like Hourglass, Fever and Incarnate.

    Happy reading!

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the Hex Hall series! I cant wait till book 3!!! Enjoy all your wonderful books!

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-30-one-where-i-have.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lola and Catching Jordan are my FAVORITE reads!!! Ahhh you got so many great books! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to read Incarnate!!

    My IMM http://bundlesofbooks101.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. You bought a lot of really great books this week that have been receiving a lot of buzz in the blogosphere. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight has been getting a lot of love lately. The Swag also looks sweet. Have fun with your new reads!

    Here's ours over at GatheringBooks:
    http://wp.me/pDlzr-30x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lola is such a good book, really hope you enjoy it. :) You got so many great books this week, great IMM. New Follower.

    Here is mine: IMM (14)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh that is a lot of books! Congrats on winning Lola and the Boy Next Door! I've been hearing such good things about that book and Anna and The French Kiss as well! Fever was really good! So was incarnate! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's quite the hefty first IMM!! :) Hope you like The Way We Fall.. I really enjoyed it! :)

    Michele | IMM | Embrace Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome haul there, so many great books! Hope you enjoy them all. Happy reading! :)

    My IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW that's a ton of awesome. Incarnate sounds like a really awesome read. Enjoy all of your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a GREAT HAUL :) I hope you enjoy all the reading ahead of you! (=

    New follower
    My IMM
    My giveaway of Become and cool SWAG

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there, found you through IMM. I love your blog name. You've got a great haul. I love buying books at garage sales and thrift stores too...they're usually cheaper than used bookstores.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really awesome mailbox hun!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts about all the great books you bought!!! YAY for getting another Kelley book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Graceling sounds interesting I might have to check it out! Great load of books this week :)

    Love your blog so I thought I'd follow :)

    Check out mine if you like! http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh, great books! I really want to read Incarnate, but I think it's not yet available in the Philippines. :( Cool swag!

    Hope you enjoy your books!

    Pam | jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! You have a great IMM this week! And thrift store buys are always a plus! I'm reading Incarnate right now; and I cannot wait to get my hands on Fever! New follower - great blog :o))

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks everyone for your awesome comments! I really appreciate all the support! Hope you continue to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!