Sunday, February 19, 2012

And the Clock Strikes Midnight....

Hey all! Welcome to my brand new book review blog, Lost at Midnight Reviews!
This is one of my very first blog posts and my first ever blog! After much encouragement from a couple blogger friends I decided to try my hand at book reviewing. Here on Lost at Midnight Reviews I’ll (mostly) be talking about and reviewing books. I read a lot, particularly YA books with the few occasional adult book thrown in there, and when I’m not reading I’m discussing books. I thought this would be a perfect outlet for my book obsession and for finding more people that love books as much as I do! 
A little background on me to start: My name is Ciara Loader and I am an eighteen-year old aspiring writer and university student whose book collection has taken over her room. Books are stacked on every flat surface available and I’m now up to six bookshelves. I’ve been reading for as long as I can remember. My mom always comments that I would sit with complete concentration whenever a story was being read and after would beg for another one. I’ve been making up stories myself for just as long and have some great ones about evil cars and fighting clouds from my childhood. Books are not only my escape from reality, but a way for me to look at the world differently. I love having my views challenged, my realities shaken by the books in which I read. I also love those books that are just plain funny, or cute, that lighten up my mood. Every shape and size of book I love and I hope to spread that joy on this blog.
A few more little facts!
Why “Lost at Midnight? 
I chose the name "Lost at Midnight" for a few reasons. One: I have this weird obsession with the word "midnight". It just sounds really cool, and it is one of my favorite times of the day. I also chose it because it relates to my favorite books. I love to read books late at night, and I find that the best books are the ones that keep me lost in their world until well past midnight. I love getting caught up in a book, having the I-can't-stop-until-I'm-finished-AH moments, and falling asleep with my mind still spinning from the story I was in.
So…how do you say your name (Ciara)? 
Unless you are Irish or know me personally, you probably just said my name wrong. It's okay though! I get it all the time. My name isn't like the singer Ciara (see-AIR-ah) but instead pronounced like Keira (KEER-ah). I come from an Irish family and my parents chose to give me the traditional Irish spelling of my name, hence the common mispronunciation. 
Other interests?
  
Besides books I have a serious love of hammocks, Converse sneakers, anything sugary, bows, the band Mayday Parade and Dimitri Belikov. 

And I think that’s where I’ll leave it off! If you’ve read my crazy ramblings well thanks! I hope you keep checking out the blog! I want to say a VERY HUGE GI-FREAKIN-NORMOUS THANK YOU to Lucy at Moonlight Gleam’s Bookshelf and Liz at Midnight Bloom Reads. For all the answered questions, words of encouragement and for both inspiring me with your guyses awesome blogs. I don’t think I could have done it with out you!

Thanks all!
 
- Ciara who is lost at midnight

(P.S. That's me :D)

12 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited to see you officially launch your very own book blog! It seems like we've been talking about it for so long... and now it has really happened! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz!! It does seem like a long time coming, and I'm really excited!!! I'm hoping everything will go well :D

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the book blogging world Ciara! *throws confetti* I hope you love it! I look forward to all of your awesome blog posts!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie!! I'm so happy to finally be a part of it! Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  3. SQUEE!!! So so so exciting!!! So happy your blog is up and running! Thank you so much for the shout-out! Liz and I will be your blog cheerleaders hehe! Can't wait to see more! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ciara! Welcome to the blogging world. I'm excited to read your first reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, it's not so scary after all is it? I definitely look forward to reading everything you have to say about the books! You can be sure I'll come check out your blog regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emilie!! I really like how it came out, although I was a bit nervous still lol. :D

      Delete
  6. I'm not as active on the chapters community as I used to be but I did get an email about your new blog and here I am :D
    Everyone in the blogger community has been super amazing, so welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! I haven't been as active either, but I'm hoping to start back up! Thanks for checking out the blog and the warm welcome :D

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!