Sunday, September 23, 2012

All Covered Up: Boundless by Cynthia Hand

Today, I'm going to be featuring the gorgeous cover for Boundless, the final novel in the Unearthly trilogy. Check it out!

The past few years held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner ever could have anticipated. Yet through the dizzying high of first love to the agonizing low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she could no longer deny was that she was never meant to have a normal life.

Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her . . . even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seemed like the best option, so she’s headed back to California—and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.

As Clara makes her way in a world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he’s not the only one. . . . With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfill her destiny. But it won’t come without sacrifices and betrayal.

In the riveting finale of the Unearthly series, Clara must choose her fate once and for all. (Summary from Goodreads)

Whoever designs YA covers has been doing an amazing job of it. I feel like I'm becoming repetitive, but the cover of Boundless is gorgeous! Subtly detailed with a bit of a foreboding edge to it in the storm clouds, I think it fits the atmosphere very well. The story has a dark edge to it, as well as hope and light and I think it's featured well in this cover. The girl looks similar to how I picture Clara and I absolutely love her dress. I also adore the wash of pink which I find to be a bit uncommon in YA books! The font that is used on the cover is magical, and I honestly love the title! Another bonus? This cover matches the first two in every way I mentioned, including being gorgeous!

I have to say, I'm pretty excited to read Boundless! I've liked both of the previous novels, and am really looking forward to seeing how it wraps up. And getting a chance to stare at the cover in person!

Boundless is out January 22nd, 2013 from HarperTeen!

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!