Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (42): Dance of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, in which bloggers talk about the books they are most eager for!

This Week's Pick: Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death #2) by Bethany Griffin
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Release Date: June 11th, 2013


Bethany Griffin continues the journey of Araby Worth in Dance of the Red Death—the sequel to her teen novel Masque of the Red Death.

In Dance of the Red Death, Araby’s world is in shambles—betrayal, death, disease, and evil forces surround her. She has no one to trust. But she finds herself and discovers that she will fight for the people she loves, and for her city.

Her revenge will take place at the menacing masked ball, though it could destroy her and everyone she loves…or it could turn her into a hero.

With a nod to Edgar Allan Poe, Bethany Griffin concludes her tragic and mysterious Red Death series with a heroine that young adult readers will never forget.

Rebellion is contagious. Oh man, that tag line! It gets me every time. 

I really enjoyed Masque of the Red Death although I wasn't a huge fan of the writing style. I thought it had a very interesting concept, and was a fresh retelling. I don't read a ton of gothic horror but Masque made me want to find lots more! I loved Araby and I really can't wait to see where she goes in Dance of the Red Death. And to see if I can choose between Elliot and Will!

I will for sure need a refresher for the first one before diving into Dance of the Red Death because I can scarcely remember what happened in the first!

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight  

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read Masque of The Red Death because the negative reviews have kind of put me off but I will eventually get around to it!

    Great pick!

    My WOW
    Also check out my April giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!