Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (20): Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, in which bloggers talk about the books they are most eager for!
 
This Week's Pick: Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #2) by Laini Taylor
Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
Release Date: November 6th, 2012

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed "Daughter of Smoke and Bone," Karou must come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, mysteries and secrets, new characters and old favorites, Days of Blood and Starlight brings the richness, color and intensity of the first book to a brand new canvas.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone was declared a "must read" by Entertainment Weekly, was named a Best Book of the Year by Amazon.com, and The New York Times called it "a breath-catching romantic fantasy."

*Stares lovingly at the cover* Oh...oh, right. I'm supposed to talk about why I want to read this book. Well, have you seen the cover? I'm totally judging this book by the beautiful work of art that is the cover of Days of Blood and Starlight. And the title. This is going to be good.

Since I reviewed Daughter of Smoke and Bone earlier this week, I felt it only appropriate to have Days of Blood and Starlight as my Waiting on Wednesday pick. After the cliffhanger of an ending in the first book, I'm desperate to find out what happens next. I think that, now all the information and back-stories have come to light, this sequel will be much easier to understand. And it'll be a thrill ride like the last one.

With a cover like that, a plot so unique and spellbinding, and characters that dazzle, Days of Blood and Starlight will be a fantastic novel and the perfect sequel. I can't wait to see.

- Ciara who is lost at midnight 

6 comments:

  1. I started the first one but still need to finish it. Glad you're excited for the next one!

    Here's a link to my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome cover! i haven't read the first one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I can't wait for this book! It's definitely one of the top of my must have list! I hope it's amazing :) Great choice this week! Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Great pick! I'm really excited for this! I loved Daughter of Smoke & Bone!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not heard of this book but I will be checking it out! Thanks for spotlighting it! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was my pick last week, solely for the covr (though i did ADORE Daughter of Smoke and Bone) I cannot wait to get more Akiva, nom!

    Here's what i'm waiting on

    and check out my awesome YA giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!