Saturday, August 18, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (10) + Birthday Post


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews in which bloggers share the books they stacked their shelves with during the week! 

I have the best friends in the world. I think I should start off by saying that. Last Sunday, August 12th, happened to be my nineteenth birthday. I really hate birthdays. I've had a string of bad, disappointing ones which has led me to have serious anxiety and apprehension whenever August rolls around. This year I knew would be different. I've had a huge upheaval in my life, and my friend group has drastically changed in recent months. My new friends were dead set on making this year my best birthday to date, and they succeeded.

Me heading to my surprise party!
Friday night saw two of my best friends arrive (one of them unexpectedly!) both of whom spent hours getting here just for my birthday. We had a great time that night, and the next day was even better. They threw an awesome surprise party for me, and I got to see lots of friends I hadn't seen in awhile. There were lots of crazy adventures that were had, and I had "Happy Birthday" sung to me loudly in the middle of the street at midnight. In Ontario, where I live, 19 is the legal drinking age so I had to go get my first legal drink, but had to wait until just past midnight to get it! Sunday, my actual birthday, my besties made me pancakes, I opened gifts, and we got a delicious cupcake from my favorite cupcake place! There was a surprise visit from a couple high school friends, then cake and a barbeque with the best friend. Basically, it was an absolutely amazing weekend, and I am so so grateful that I have these wonderful people in my life. Thanks, guys!

Yummy cupcakes (mine was Oreo)

Now, to the books part. Birthdays usually bring with it some awesome books, giftcards, and presents and this year was no exception! So, here's my birthday haul!


Birthday Books:
- Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan (For the Smart Chicks signing in September!)
- Dark Frost (Mythos Academy #3) by Jennifer Estep

Bought (Gift cards):
- Storm (Elementals #1) by Brigid Kemmerer
- Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
- Wintergirls by Laurie Hale Anderson (on bargain for only $4.99!)

Presents!
- Gift cards
- Clothing and jewellery (including Mayday Parade shirt from Warped Tour!)
- Candy (so much yum. Note: Kinder Surprise was already eaten by the time this picture was taken)
- (Not pictured): I also got some Euros for my upcoming Ireland trip, a pair of shoes, and some knickknacks. Overall, an epic haul.

What did you stack your shelves with this week?

- Ciara who is lost at midnight

13 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday again! It sounds like you had a fun night celebrating your 19th birthday with your friends!

    And sweet! Happy to see you bought Storm! I think you'll LOVE reading it. I'm very exited to read the 2nd book in the series.

    Happy reading, Ciara! :)

    Liz @ Midnight Bloom Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful celebration and received some amazing gifts. Storm was fantastic :)

    Happy reading!

    My Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Happy Belated Birthday ! Joyeux anniversaire from France :D !
    Wow that sounds like an awesome birthday you have good friends :). I love your dress !!! And these cupcakes look so good !!!

    You got a lot of great books too :p. I heard awesome things about Hemlock I really want to read it !
    I hope you'll enjoy reading these books !

    And i'm a new follower by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great birthday. And the books are also great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday. That Oreo cupcake looks fabulous. Nice haul of books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Birthdays are the best for bookish people. Everyone knows just what to get you. :P Happy reading!

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! All of those books you got are so good! Your peanut butter/chocolate heaven there on the table looks SO yummy! Happy reading. p.s. I hear ya about bdays, mine always suck too!

    Our Week in Books @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you had a good time! The books look awesome too! Happy reading!

    My Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy late Birthday! Sounds like you had an awesome time. Yummy you got ressees to go along with your books. Which by the way look awesome!
    Happy reading. New follower.

    Gabby from Gabby Reads
    My StS:
    http://gabbyreads.blogspot.com/2012/08/stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday Ciara! I'm so glad you had such a nice birthday. I can understand what you mean about your birthdays being a downer. Real friends make it better.

    So many awesome books! You got spoiled! I really enjoyed Hemlock. Seriously a great read! Enjoy reading all your new books hun!
    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy late birthday! I'm glad that you had fun. :)

    I can't wait to read The Forest of Hands and Teeth series. I've heard that it's really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like a fabulous birthday!! Glad you had a great time. Awesome book choices as well. I really loved Storm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!