TOP TEN SERIES I RESOLVE TO FINISH THIS YEAR
Well, there's a little more than ten because I'm TERRIBLE at ending series. I get really emotional and can't bear to see them end and so I avoid the finales at all costs. The problem? Then it gets to years down the line and I can't remember what happened in the second last book. SO. This year, I'm hoping I finally get to those series I've had sitting on my shelf for ages. Here are some of them!
1) Women of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong (To Read: 13)
- This book has been out in 2012 and I STILL haven't read it. One of my all-time favourite adult fantasy series but man, I'm still not looking forward to it ending!
2) Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent (To Read: With All My Soul)
- One of my favourite series by one of my favourite authors with one of my favourite book boyfriends....and I still haven't read the last book.
3) Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine (To Read: Daylighters)
- Another series I can't believe I haven't finished year. I've been reading these books since 2009 (WUT) and I'll be heart broken that I don't have anymore left.
(EDIT: Apparently I've also been reading the Soul Screamers series since 2009. Man, I feel old).
- I adored I Hunt Killers and I know the rest of this series is probably amazing. I think it's the creepiness factor that's kept me from finishing, but I'll get to it this year!
5) Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout (To Read: Opposition)
- I never thought I'd love these books as much as I did but now I'm so sad I only have one left (well, kind of two if you count Oblivion).
- I enjoyed the first book and now that the series is out in paperback, I'll be finishing this one up.
7) Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter (To Read: Only the Good Spy Young & Out of Sight, Out of Time & United We Spy)
- I've been reading this series lowly as to savor it. But, this year I really want to finish it up. And probably cry.
- I read the first book as an ARC and just never continued. Finally got the third book for Christmas, so I'll be finishing it up soon.
9) Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (To Read: Days of Blood and Starlight & Dreams of Gods and Monsters)
- Another series I can't believe I haven't read yet. Although I had some minor issue with the first book, I'm excited to see what the rest of the trilogy is like!
10) Gone by Michael Grant (To Read: Light)
- I've been reading this series since it came out and I bought this book day of. But I still haven't read it. And I really need to fix that.
- I really enjoyed Legend and I know I'm going to love the rest of the series. I just need to sit down and read them!
12) The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (To Read: City of Heavenly Fire)
- This was my favourite series for a very long time. Although I still think it should have ended at book three, I'm interested to see how it all wraps up.
- I KNOW. I really need to catch up on this series. I own them all in their glorious hardcover-ness and I'm excited to finally see how it all ends.
So! What are your bookish resolutions for the year?
- Ciara (Lost at Midnight)