I'm writing this in 2015 but by the time you read it, we will be in a brand new year. New Years is always a weird time for me, as I'm sure it is for everyone. 2015 was definitely not one of my strongest years but I'm looking forward to a fresh start in 2016. And to NEW BOOKS! 2016 is looking like a really strong year with a lot of new faces and new series! I've left out a couple of ones I'm looking forward to but have yet to read the previous book (like A Gathering of Shadows by V. E. Schwab!) and I know I'm missing a bunch more. Here are some of my many anticipated reads for 2016!
5th: Passenger (Passenger #1) - Alexandra Bracken
- This sounds so unique and enchanting and we only a few more days until we get to read this one!
5th: Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1) - Susan Dennard
- 2015-me is starting this tomorrow! SO EXCITED.
26th: The Love That Split the World - Emily Henry
- Such an interesting concept and that cover! I have an ARC of this one and will be reading it very soon!
2nd: Remembrance (Mediator #7) - Meg Cabot
- I'm going to weep from joy all through this book.
16th: Take The Fall by Emily Hainsworth
- Suspense + a murder mystery! Yes please!
16th: The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl from Everywhere #1) - Heidi Heilig
- I've heard AMAZING things about this one already!
16th: Riders (Riders #1) - Veronica Ross
- I marathoned Veronica Rossi's Under the Never Sky trilogy this year and I can't wait to read more from her.
23rd: Amulet, Vol. 7: Firelight by Kazu Kibuish
- YES MOAR AMULET.
8th: The Great Hunt (The Great Hunt #1) - Wendy Higgins
- I adore Wendy Higgins! I'm also weirdly obsessed with stories about The Great Hunt so yup, definitely need this.
15th: Exit, Pursued by a Bear - E. K. Johnston
- I wasn't sure how much I wanted to read this one but the reviews so far have been phenomenal!
15th: The First Time She Drowned - Kerry Kletter
- I have an ARC of this one as well which I'm ridiculously pumped to dive into.
22nd: The Way I Used to Be - Amber Smith & Kevin Twomey
- The comparisons to Speak and the illustrations really sold me on this one.
22nd: This Is Where the World Ends - Amy Zhang
- Amy Zhang wrote my favourite book of 2014, so she's an auto-buy author.
5th: Lumberjanes, Vol. 3 by Noelle Stevenson, et al.
- The Lumberjanes are mah gurls.
5th: The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court #1) - Richelle Mead
- New Richelle Mead. Enough said.
5th: When We Collided - Emery Lord
- I'm going to cry a lot reading this book, probably.
5th: Tell the Wind and Fire - Sarah Rees Brennan
- Sounds super intriguing.
5th: The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen #2) - Jodi Meadows
- After the ending of The Orphan Queen, I need this book like air.
26th: Cleopatra in Space (#3): Secret of the Time Tablets by Mike Maihack
- YES CLEOPATRA IN SPACE.
26th: The Last Boy and Girl in the World by Siobhan Vivian
- This cover is beautiful and this book sounds marvelous
26th: The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) - Maggie Stiefvater
- NO. I'M NOT READY. I REFUSE TO BE READY.
3rd: The Unexpected Everything - Morgan Matson
- This cover is probably my favourite of any Morgan Matson books!
3rd: If I Was Your Girl - Meredith Russo
- Yes, more LGBTQIA lit! (Which my TBR has been seriously lacking).
10th: Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
- It has the dang Starship Enterprise on the cover. What more could I ask for?
17th: Girls on Fire - Robin Wasserman
- This literally everything I've been asking for in a book.
17th: The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game #1) - Evelyn Skye
- Sounds like a really interesting fantasy!
27th: Some Kind of Happiness - Claire Legrand
- An MG book about depression. Gonna break my heart, basically.
31st: Beware That Girl by Teresa Toten
- I've heard a Gone Girl for YA comparison so yup, I'll be checking it out!
7th: With Malice - Eileen Cook
- Another thriller/mystery (I'm loving the sudden influx of these)!
7th: My Lady Jane - Cynthia Hand & Brodi Ashton & Jodi Meadows
- Have you seen this cover/the tag lines/the author list? NEED.
7th: This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity #1) - Victoria Schwab
- I've been waiting for this book since Victoria Schwab tweeted about her monster book. I'm so so excited.
14th: Autofocus by Lauren Gibaldi
- I adored The Night We Said Yes so I'm really looking forward to Lauren Gibaldi's sophmore novel.
14th: Look Both Ways - Alison Cherry
- Isn't this cover just the cutest? Sounds like such a good one!
28th: And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1) - Kiersten White (I *think* this might be a placeholder date but either way CAN'T WAIT!)
- New Kiersten White is a GENDER SWAPPED VLAD THE IMPALER. *weeps with joy*
26th: P.S. I Like You - Kasie West
- A new Kasie West contemporary is always a must-read!
6th: As I Descended - Robin Talley
- MacBeth at an all-girls boarding school? CAN I HAZ NOW PLEASE?
27th: Strange the Dreamer (Stranger the Dreamer #1) by Laini Taylor
- This sounds mythical and magical and just what I love in books.
The Gold Seer Trilogy #2 by Rae Carson
- I loved Walk On Earth a Stranger and can't wait for its follow up!
Shaming the Devil - Melina Marchetta
- WE MIGHT GET A NEW MELINA MARCHETTA BOOK IN 2016 AND THAT MAKES IT THE BEST YEAR.
So! What are your most anticipated books of the year? Let me know in the comments!
- Ciara (Lost at Midnight)