Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (55): Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, in which bloggers talk about the books they are most eager for!

This Week's Pick: Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Release Date: April 8th 2014

Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him--and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more.

I just...can I have this book? I mean, can it be April so I can have this in my hands and read it and love it and hug it? Rebel Belle is definitely up there with my most anticipated reads of 2014! I mean, have you read that summary? And that cover! It's also a Rachel Hawkins book which guarantees it's going to be witty and awesome. I can already tell that Harper is going to be one loveable protagonist, and I simply cannot wait to meet her. I am just SO EXCITED for Rebel Belle!

What are you waiting on this week?

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, nice pick! I love Rachel Hawkins, and I'm really looking forward to checking this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choice! That summary is definitely intriguing. This will totally be on my TBR list. Lovely choice!

    Holly @ Absorbing the Content

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great pick! I didn't know Rachel Hawkins was publishing another book so thanks. I'll def be adding this to my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for this book, the main character sounds amazing ;)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!