Saturday, December 29, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (20)

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews in which bloggers share the books they stacked their shelves with during the week!

Hi, guys!

So, I've been a bit of a bad blogger but really, it's the holidays! I've been having fun with the family, working a ton, and enjoying Christmas (aka my favorite holiday). I meant to post a Stacking the Shelves last week but I just didn't have the time. So this is an insanely large post which includes Employee Appreciation weekend, crazy bargains, and my Christmas haul! (And, speaking of being an employee....I was offered regular season employment at Chapters! YAY! I'm really excited, and so grateful that I was chosen). Here is my haul (and apologizes for the poor picture quality, and for the two pics that didn't work)!

Bought (Employee Appreciation Weekend/Bargain Craziness):

Entice (Need #3) by Carrie Jones
- I've been meaning to pick this one up since I own the first two and decided to take advantage of the sale!
After the Golden Age by Carrie Vaughn
-I wasn't planning on buying this one but, as I was running around Chapters I spotted this on the bargain table. I noticed a little sticker on the cover and decided to check it out. Lo and behold I found out that it was in fact a SIGNED copy! I just had to buy it after that!
Once Burned (Night Prince #1) by Jeaniene Frost
- Jeaniene Frost rocks my socks!
Such a Rush by Jennifer Echol
- I read Going Too Far recently and loved it! I needed more Jennifer Echols!
Balthazar (Evernight #5) by Claudia Gray
- I really liked the Evernight series so I'm looking forward to reading about Balthazar
Ruby Red (Edelstein Trilogie #1) by Kerstin Gier
- On bargain!
Withering Tights (Misadventures of Tallulah Casey #1) by Louise Rennison
- Heard from my awesome friend that

Borrowed (ARCs) (Thanks, Kathy!):
(ARC) Just One Day (Just One Day #1) by Gayle Forman
- So pumped to start this! I know it'll be fabulous!
(ARC) The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter #1) by Megan Shepard
- Sounds crazy intriguing!  

Christmas Haul!
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- Read this a long while back and it was gorgeous. Can't wait to reread it!
Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman
- I've already read this one but I absolutely love it and needed it for my collection!
The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2) by Richelle Mead
- (As you can tell, I asked for lots of books I've already read for Christmas!) Needed this book and was ecstatic to find it under the tree! 
The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
- One of my favorite books this year now sits proudly on my shelf!
The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) by Michelle Hodkin
- I want to check this one out again so I can see the difference between the ARC and the finished copy!
Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
- Sounds awesome and it won lots of awards!
Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- So...I finally caved. Now, let's hope this book lives up to the hype!
The Name of the Star (Shades of London #1) by Maureen Johnson
- Finallyyyyy. I've been wanting to pick this up since it came out and now I have it in pretty paperback form!
This Dark Endeavour (The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein #1) by Kenneth Oppel
- I've heard spectacular things and I can't wait to read it!
Spark (Elemental #2) by Brigid Kemmerer
- Loved Storm and I'm positively giddy to read its sequel!
Burn For Burn (Burn for Burn #1) by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian

DVDs
Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows, Part 2
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1
Firefly, Season 1
Sherlock, Seasons 1 & 2

CDs
Babel by Mumford & Sons
Close the Distance by Go Radio

Boxing Day Haul 
(There were some awesome sauce deals this week!)
Where the Wild Things Are
Gossip Girl, Season 3
Supernatural, Season 1
Holes
Just Dance 3
Sims 3: Pets
Sims 3: Supernatural (you can make zombies!)

Well, that's a lot of stuff! I'm not sure where I'm going to put it all! Until next time, folks!

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight) 

5 comments:

  1. I loved Obsidian! It was super amazing but I still haven't purchased the rest of the books. I really hope you think it lives up to the hype. :D

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH! So excited to talk Just One Day and The Madman's Daughter with you! SO VERY EXCITED! (Oh, and you're welcome).

    Great haul this week! That Sims Supernatural thing sounds AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also finally bought Obsidian. I'm so excited to read Just One Day. And I also bought Red Ruby. It's fantastic. And I really want to read Such a Rush.

    Great haul.

    Here's my post

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Spot at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a very nice week indeed. Enjoy your new goodies Ciara.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!