Friday, March 22, 2013

Why Bloggers Want to Read 17 & Gone!


Hello, all!

Welcome to 17 & GONE week! From now until it's (Canadian) release on March 26th, Lost at Midnight Reviews will be celebrating all things 17 & GONE! They'll be guest blurbs, reviews and a special Q&A with the author herself! 

Haven't heard of 17 & GONE by Nova Ren Suma? Maybe on the fence about reading it? Well, stay tuned this week and read about all the reasons to look forward to and love this book! Here's the summary (and b-e-a-utiful cover) to start you off!

Seventeen-year-old Lauren is having visions of girls who have gone missing. And all these girls have just one thing in common—they are 17 and gone without a trace. As Lauren struggles to shake these waking nightmares, impossible questions demand urgent answers: Why are the girls speaking to Lauren? How can she help them? And… is she next? As Lauren searches for clues, everything begins to unravel, and when a brush with death lands her in the hospital, a shocking truth emerges, changing everything.

With complexity and richness, Nova Ren Suma serves up a beautiful, visual, fresh interpretation of what it means to be lost.

I figured, what better way to spread the word, and get everyone hyped up to read the book then have bloggers talk about why they're excited about 17 & Gone! Here's what they had to say!


I absolutely loved Imaginary Girls and thought 17 & Gone was an automatic yes to add to my TBR list I think the storyline is extremely intriguing.  IMO there isn’t enough of the suspense side in YA and books like this don’t come along as often as I would like. . .can’t wait to read it! - Kristina @ Gone Pecan


I read the first sentence of IMAGINARY GIRLS and knew I had discovered a really special author. Someone who can interweave a certain spark so otherworldly into a story so real. Who can write characters so strange and compelling and so fundamentally human. Who distorts reality to reveal the truths beneath it. And 17 & GONE sounds like a book right up my alley; a psychological thriller, haunting and creepy and dark and beautiful. When I look for books, I look for books, for writing, that inspires me to do better with my own. 17 & GONE did that just with the premise. And that is why I cannot wait to read this book.  - Crimson @ Moonlight Gleams' Bookshelf


"As my sister says: "This totally reminds me of Criminal Minds or Virals by Kathy Reichs!"

This books just seems suspenseful, full of mystery, and is the type of book that will keep you up at night until you see the whole picture. I love books that makes me scared for the characters, panics when something happens, and loses my breath when things go wrong. Just by seeing "a shocking truth emerges" makes me want to rip open the book and dig out the truth...like right now! Doesn't it make you tingle from head to toes because you want to know what this mystery is? It is like when you over hear someone planning something for you, you get this rush of excitement and wonder, making your body uncontrollable. Maybe it is human instinct to be curious, but this curiosity makes me want to read this book, and I approve! (And it totally helps when this whole mystery revolves around some creepy crime...or is it a crime?....)" - Ashley @ FireStarBooks


“I heard about Nova Ren Suma’s new novel, 17 & Gone, a while ago and was immediately intrigued by the synopsis and the book cover.

I borrowed her first book, Imaginary Girls, from the library earlier this year.  I fell in love with the writing, with its dreamy atmosphere, and the way the story was told, with no easy answers given.  

Having skimmed reviews of 17 & Gone (I’m wary of spoilers!), it sounds like a story that explores dark subject matter, which definitely appeals to me, with the same kind of story-telling and fantastic writing that I enjoyed in Imaginary Girls. I’ve also seen it described as either a psychological or paranormal read (sometimes both!) and not only do I love psychological thrillers and paranormal fiction, I’m intrigued that this book may straddle both genres.

This is one my most-anticipated books of 2013, and I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on it!” - Kim @ Pingwing's Bookshelf


"There are a number of reasons why I want to read 17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma. One, because I LIKE BOOKS. Two, because I've heard a lot of good things about it, most of which has to do with the lovely, fantastic writing. I've discovered that some of my favorite books have eloquent writing--and writing can make or break a book for me--so this book sounds right up my ally! Third, but simply not least, is the story itself. The concept of missing people draws me in, kind of like a crime-show thriller. I don't think there are many YAs like this out there, and I am definitely looking forward to sticking my nose in this book and being nineteen and gone to the words." - Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

Thanks, bloggers! Be sure to check back tomorrow for more reasons to read 17 & GONE!

Find This Book: Amazon | Chapters/Indigo | Goodreads | Nova Ren Suma's Website 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!