Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (41): Taken by Erin Bowman

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, in which bloggers talk about the books they are most eager for!

This Week's Pick: Taken (Taken #1) by Erin Bowman
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release Date: April 16th, 2013

There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends…and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?
Okay, I love the concept of this book. I feel like I haven't heard of or read anything quite like it. I'm anxious to find out the mystery surrounding Claysoot, and see what Gray is like. I'm just really excited about this book!

I also really adore the cover. It's so colourful and detailed! I want to dive right in between the pages and see what it all means. I'm really happy that I'll get to find out so soon!

What are you waiting on this week?

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight)

5 comments:

  1. Ooh! This looks fantastic! Definitely adding it to the TBR pile.

    If you have the opportunity, please stop by our WOW .

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cover as well. I can't believe it's still not out! I swear I've been seeing Taken around the bloggosphere for almost a year now! Great choice, and I'm waiting to read it too:)

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books like this where you just HAVE to know what's going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've already heard some positive things about this one :D Looks great!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds cool, I like the sound of it! The cover really is nice too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!