Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blog Update and Important Announcement!

Hi everyone!

Today, I'm spending much of the day packing because I'm off to Ireland on Thursday! I'm heading across the pond to visit what I have deemed my "mother-mother-country" (my mom was born there, hence the name). I have never been, have always wanted to go and I can't believe my trip is so soon! I'm a bit nervous, since I'm going on my own and I've only been on a plane once before...when I was four years old. Nervous, but very very excited! I'll be spending a few days in England as well, seeing my favorite band Mayday Parade, as well as visiting my cousins. It's going to be a whirlwind trip, and I can't wait to get started!

Well, what does that mean for the blog, you might ask (or you might not be asking. You could be apathetic about this situation, but I hope not, since you're reading this so I automatically think you're awesome...anyways)! I wasn't really sure at first. I planned on writing two and a half weeks' worth of reviews/posts before I went, but that's a bit on the difficult side. Luckily, a brilliant comment from my dear friend Lucy gave me a great idea: guest posts! So, from October 8th - October 13th I'll be having some amazing people guest post here on the blog! I'm really excited about this, since I've never hosted anyone on the blog before! And guys, these posts are really awesome.

In keeping with the idea of traveling (since, you know, going to Ireland) I asked each guest poster to write about how setting affects the character/theme/plot/tone etc. of a specific book or just books in general! I think the English major in me really came out in that question. I'm calling the week "A Change of Scenery" (and made a very simple graphic for it. Not so good with photoshop)! I hope you guys love the posts as much as I do, and really get something out of it! So, without further ado, here's the schedule of events!

October 8th: Myself!
October 9th: Emilie from Emilie's Book World
October 10th: Lucy from Moonlight Gleam's Bookshelf
October 11th: Kathy from A Glass of Wine
October 12th: Crimson from Moonlight Gleam's Bookshelf
October 13th: Special AUTHOR post! (Hint: she's an epic debut author, and her novel discusses souls...*wink*)

And there it is! Make sure to check out all the posts and see what these gals think about the impact of setting! Hope you guys love it, and see you in two weeks!


- Ciara (Lost at Midnight)

2 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! Looking forward to the guest posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for making me part of this incredible event! :D Have a safe trip hun, i want all the deets when you get back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!