Thursday, October 18, 2012

All Covered Up: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Guys, I love covers. I really do. I love the stunning, the enchanting, the symbolic, and even the simple covers. I just love them. I've been featuring more and more covers on the blog cause I'm hoping to spread the love! And this week, it's for Scarlet by Marissa Meyer!

Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner. (Summary from Goodreads)

This cover is just so perfect I can't even handle it. Scarlet, the sequel to the amazing Cinder, is a retelling of the Little Red Riding Hood fairytale. And my oh my is it a good retelling. I was lucky enough to borrow an ARC of this novel, and it was lots of awesome sauce (I'll have a full review coming closer to the release date). And this cover just adds to it!

This cover captures the storyline perfectly. The Red Riding Hood theme is very clearly displayed on this cover, as is Scarlet's flaming red hair. I really liked that there's a bit of a foggy element on the cover, which gives an air of mystery. I also like that Scarlet is running in this picture, which aptly describes a lot of the story. As I always say, I really like when covers match or stay with the same theme and Scarlet and Cinder are defiently very similar. I can't wait to pick up my copy and stare at it on my shelf!

If you haven't check out the amazing Cinder yet, you are really missing out! It is a fantastic retelling, and Scarlet is tons of fun as well!

Scarlet is out February 5th, 2013 from Feiwel & Friends!

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight) 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this cover. Seriously LOVE! It does fit the story perfectly and reference the Little Red Riding Hood fairytale that inspired it. It's going to look gorgeous next to Cinder on my bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!