Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (69): Please Remain Calm by Courtney Summers

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, in which bloggers talk about the books they are most eager for! 


This Week's Pick: Please Remain Calm (This Is Not a Test #2)
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: January 20th, 2015


In this gripping sequel to THIS IS NOT A TEST, Rhys and Sloane are headed for a safe haven when they get separated along the way. Rhys is determined to reunite with Sloane until he discovers people who might need him more--people who offer him the closest he'll get to everything he's lost, if they can just hold on long enough.

Rhys thinks he has what it takes to survive and find the girl he lost, but in a world overrun by the dead, there are no guarantees and the next leg of his journey will test him in unimaginable ways... (Summary from Goodreads)

OH GOD, GUYS. I AM NOT READY. I AM NOT CALM. My bestie and I have been talking/theorizing/fan-girling/preemptively crying over this novella since it was announced. This is Not a Test is quite possibly my favourite book of all time, and I'm both so excited and so so scared to read Please Remain Calm. Courtney Summers does not pull any punches. She doesn't give you the ending you want, but one that is right for the story. And, let's be real, those endings can HURT. And this is a ZOMBIE BOOK. Nothing happy ever happens in a zombie book. So, I have reasons to be scared. But, I also know that this story will be incredible and gut-wrenching and powerful and just so dang good. It is a Courtney Summers book after all. I cannot wait to revisit these beautifully broken and fascinating characters once again. 

I know I've said this repeatedly, but I can't express it enough. You need to read Courtney Summers' books. They are some of the best out there in YA and absolutely impacting. Get yourself to a book store and grab a copy, or head to your bookshelf and put them at the top of your TBR. And then come join me and the bestie as we anxiously await one of our most anticipated books of the year.

Check out my review of This is Not a Test here!

What are you waiting on this week?

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight) 

2 comments:

  1. I like the cover for this one. It draws you in. You reminded me that I need to read This is Not A Test. Solid WOW pick.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah I love the cover. It's so creepy...and the the summary sounds amazing!

    Rhea @ Rhea's Neon Journal
    My WoW Post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!