Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (4): Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish in which bloggers post their "Top Ten" of whatever that week's theme is! This week's theme: 

TOP TEN BOOKS I'VE READ SO FAR THIS YEAR

Guys, I've read a lot of great books this year. Which makes me very happy. I managed to keep my list down to just a top ten, but I couldn't get it into any sort of order. They were all just amazing! Instead, I put my list in the order in which I read them. Without further ado!

*all titles link to Goodreads

- This is my favourite installment of the series so far! Isaiah was such a beautifully broken character, and I could connect with Rachel on so many levels. This story kept me on my toes, and made me love this series all the more. (I've also read Take Me On and it was ugh, so so good)
My Review: Pushing the Limits

- Oh, Thomas Mackee. You ripped me to shreds. But, I adored every page of your story. I'll say it until everyone on the planet has read her: put Melina Marchetta on THE TOP off your TBR. Absolutely one of the best writers out there, and The Piper's Son was brilliant.
 
- Action-packed, under-dog narrator, and an intriguing story combine to make Avalon one of my favourite reads this year.
My Review: Avalon
 

- I still haven't accepted that this series is over. It became one of my favourites early last year and I devoured all these books and still want more. Killer Frost was a gut-wrenching finale, but a perfect ending for these characters.
My Review: Crimson Frost

- I knew I was going to love this book right from the start. I'm a huge Whitman fan, and I love books that deal truthfully with mental health. The writing in this book was beautifully crafted, and I connected completely with the novel. Guys, this book is incredible. Beautiful, incredible, stunning, and powerful. I highly recommend you get yourself a copy. 

- Another series I'm having a hard time letting go of. I bawled my eyes out (seriously, like those powerful sobs that you can barely breathe through) when I finished this book for so many reasons. One, because it was the perfect ending. Two, because I miss those characters already. And three, because Jodi Meadows is a wonderfully talented writer, whose words sunk deep into my heart and have yet to let go. 
My Review: Incarnate, Asunder
 
- Why in the world did I not read this book sooner? Victoria Schwab, what a writer you are! Seriously people, this girl can write! I found myself staring at every page, afraid I would miss one gorgeous word. And then the story! So unique and beautifully thought out. There was nothing I didn't love about this book. (Also GUYLINER YO.)
 
In the Shadows was even better than I expected it to be. The artwork was phenomenal, and the writing was gorgeous. White & Di Bartolo crafted a stunningly original novel, filled with mystery and beauty. I was blown away by every part of this book!
My Review: In the Shadows
 
- I don't read a ton of middle-grade books, but I fell in love with Millhouse. I read it in one sitting and sobbed at the ending. This Shakespeare-loving guinea pig was a treasure to behold and his story effortlessly wove themes of inclusion and friendship into its pages. It was just so fantastic, guys.   

- I just finished this book a couple days ago and my heart hasn't recovered. Sloane and James buried themselves into my heart, and I love them completely. The Treatment was just the book I wanted it to be, and I couldn't love this duology more.
My Review: The Program

Those are my top ten books this year! What are yours?

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight)  

5 comments:

  1. Amazing list! I read Pushing the Limits last year and really enjoyed it so I've been meaning to pick up the others to devour. I loved Incarnate last year and can't wait to read both Asunder and Infinite, plus I love all of the covers they're beautiful! The Archived is another one on my TBR! Too many books and no time!

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/top-ten-books-ive-read-so-far-this-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crash Into You was a good read! And I just read On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta and just totally fell in love with it. And I'm scouring bookstores for her back list :)

    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avalon, The Treating and In the Shadows are books I still need to read. Great list!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Crash Into You and really enjoyed it. I'm currently in the middle of The Archived and finding it really interesting! I'm going to check out all these other awesome books you have in this list :)

    I just started my book blog (bookcatpin.blogspot.ca/) and am excited to meet other bloggers! Please come visit me if you have some time, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!