Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday (72): The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine in which bloggers talk about the books they are most eager for!

Publisher: Algonquin Young Readers
Release Date: March 24th, 2015

“Ori’s dead because of what happened out behind the theater, in the tunnel made out of trees. She’s dead because she got sent to that place upstate, locked up with those monsters. And she got sent there because of me.”

The Walls Around Us is a ghostly story of suspense told in two voices—one still living and one long dead. On the outside, there’s Violet, an eighteen-year-old dancer days away from the life of her dreams when something threatens to expose the shocking truth of her achievement. On the inside, within the walls of a girls’ juvenile detention center, there’s Amber, locked up for so long she can’t imagine freedom. Tying these two worlds together is Orianna, who holds the key to unlocking all the girls’ darkest mysteries.

We hear Amber’s story and Violet’s, and through them Orianna’s, first from one angle, then from another, until gradually we begin to get the whole picture—which is not necessarily the one that either Amber or Violet wants us to see.

Nova Ren Suma tells a supernatural tale of guilt and innocence, and what happens when one is mistaken for the other. (Summary from Goodreads)

This one is being called "Orange is the New Black Swan" and if that tagline alone doesn't get you, just read the description.

I've been wanted to read this one since the rights announcement for one simple reason: it's a Nova Ren Suma book. And her books are EXTRAORDINARY. Her writing is enchanting and her stories are always magical and raw and real. I have heard nothing but amazing things about this book and I cannot wait to see for myself.

If you don't have Nova Ren Suma on your radar, you really need to change that. Check out my review of 17 & Gone if you need more encouragement and my post about how Nova Ren Suma is a rockstar author.

What are you waiting on this week?

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight)

4 comments:

  1. I kind of forget about this one!! This will be my first read by her :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to read a book by Nova Ren Suma, but I love that you find her writing enchanting! This summary sounds awesome, I like that it sounds like it'll be pretty suspenseful and the cover is gorgeous too! Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen a lot of people currently reading this it sounds interesting.

    My WOW http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!