Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (16): The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, in which bloggers talk about the books they are most eager for!

Publisher: Scholastic Press
Release Date: September 18th, 2012 

“There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him.”

It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive.

Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.

His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.

But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can’t entirely explain. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little.

For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.

From Maggie Stiefvater, the bestselling and acclaimed author of the Shiver trilogy and The Scorpio Races, comes a spellbinding new series where the inevitability of death and the nature of love lead us to a place we’ve never been before.
Summary from Goodreads
The Raven Boys sounds so ridiculously interesting. I get shivers just reading the summary! I'm looking forward to getting to know these obivously complex characters, and starting a new series with such an interesting concept. Combine that with Maggie Stiefvater amazing writing style and this is going to be one heck of a novel. September can't get here fast enough!

Also, that cover! Man, oh man, what a gorgeous cover! I want to hug my computer screen I love it so much.

What books are you waiting for this week?

- Ciara who is lost at midnight  

8 comments:

  1. Apparently great minds think alike! That's my Waiting on Wednesday pick this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited to read this one too! Can't wait as I have heard many great things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my eyes on this one for awhile now.I can NOT wait to read it!!! GREAT PICK :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm sounds good. I hadn't heard of this one, but I'll definitely have to grab a copy. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2210

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great! I've heard mixed reviews about this one though. Can't wait to read it. Great pick!
    Em
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really excited for this one as well. I loved The Scorpio Races so I'm excited to see what she's written next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited to read this book. I think it might be on Net Galley or Edelweiss. I saw it there not too long ago. Great WOW pick.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!