MY TOP FOURTEEN OF 2014
Honorable Mention: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- (I was really trying to keep this list to fourteen but I had to mention this one!) This book absolutely shocked me (even if I did have an idea of the ending). It was captivating and the writing was so great. I can't wait to read more from E. Lockhart!
14. Killer Frost (Mythos Academy #6) by Jennifer Estep
- And it all comes to an end. TEAR. I have such a soft spot for this series and Killer Frost was the perfect finale. I miss these characters so much but I loved getting to read their last adventure.
13. Avalon (Avalon #1) by Mindee Arnett
- I just adored this book. Unique and intriguing with fabulous characters. I can't wait to see how it will end in just a couple of weeks!
12. In the Shadows by Kiersten White & Jim Di Bartolo
- Seriously guys, I can't recommend this book enough. It is so creative, beautiful, and imaginative. I loved every page and really think you guys will too.
- THIS BOOK THOUGH WHAT. It was mind-blowing. Very well written and atmospheric. You guys NEED THIS BOOK.
10. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- This book was so worth the wait. I laughed. I cried. I felt my heart grow ten sizes. Quite possible my favourite of the trilogy. So dang good.
- Ugh, this book though! It was so sweet and powerful. A little jewel I am so glad I got to read. I can't wait to read it again and again and cry from the sheer awesomeness of it.
- I've been meaning to read this book for AGES and I am SO GLAD I DID. Because it was incredible. Victoria Schwab is a master writer, and I need to read all of her books ASAP cause SO GOOD.
7. Crash Into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry
- Isaiah, man. And Rachel! So many feelings. This was my favourite of the series and I just can't rave about it enough.
6. The Treatment (The Program #2) by Suzanne Young
- It's over! *cries* I really didn't know how Suzanne Young was going to end this duology but she did it with grace. I cried (maybeeee a lot) when it was all over because it was just fantastic. (Also Sloane & James = OTP)
- Okay, guys. I think y'all know how much I adored this series. And, honestly, I think this is one of, if not THE best series enders I've ever read. I cried and smiled and hugged the book A LOT afterwards. This was exactly what I hoped for, even if I didn't know it. Read this series, you guys. You will not regret it.
- Well, Melina Marchetta. Way to break my soul again! This book was painful to read, in the best possible way. I can't praise her enough, and The Piper's Son is one of her best books.
- SYDRIAN. SYDRIANNNN.
2. Sinner (Wolves of Mercy Falls #4) by Maggie Stiefvater
- I don't know what words I could possibly use that would do justice to this book. Just read it guys. It is phenomenal, gut-wrenching, and so powerful. I feel hopeful just thinking about it.
1. Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang
- I always look for those books that are impacting. That are dark and difficult and powerful and moving. And Falling Into Place was one of those books. I felt like I couldn't breathe at points. I sobbed, literally sobbed, when it was all over. I was just so affected by this book. I knew I would love this one, but I had no idea that it would burn itself into my memory and jump onto the list of best books I've ever read. If you haven't read this one, you need to. It is beautiful.
What were your favourite books of 2014? Did you read any on my list?
- Ciara (Lost at Midnight)