Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (6): Books My Friends Say I MUST Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish in which bloggers post their "Top Ten" of whatever that week's theme is! This week's theme:

TOP TEN BOOKS MY FRIENDS SAY I MUST READ 

This was actually a bit of a hard list to write! It's not that I don't get recommended books (trust me, I get A LOT working at a bookstore) but I've actually read a ton of them! So, here are (in no particular order save for #1) some of those books I haven't gotten to yet:

Recommended by: Meaghan & HCC Frenzy
This is one of those books that makes me nervous. I have heard pretty great things, but the subject matter makes me weary. I do love books that tackle tough issues, but I'm always concerned about how they are handled. And bullying is one of those issues that just breaks my heart.

Recommended by: Emilie
 
Okay, guys. I'm an NA skeptic. Despite being the target audience (21-year-old university student!) I don't really have any desire to dip my toe in the age range. To me, it seems basically like contemporary with descriptive sexytimes. Not that that's a BAD thing, just that it doesn't seem like something all that new. I've heard good things about Losing it from lots of people and I'm a big Jennifer L. Armentrout fan, so these two are on my list. I just don't know how excited I am about it. Am I wrong about NA? What do you guys think?

Recommended by: Kelly (aka the bestie)
 
OKAY. Before you guys jump down my throat, I actually LOVE the Gallagher Girls series. A LOT. I just haven't gotten around to finishing it (probably because I know I'm going to love it, and I want to savor it)! 

Recommended by: Katie
 
My lovely friend Katie does nothing but rave about these books and, now that I own the first one, I'll be checking it out soon!
 
Recommended by: Emilie
 
I actually bought this book like three-ish years ago, after Emilie went on a fangirl flail about how much she loved it. I tend to avoid angel vs. demon books but, with such a high recommendation, I knew I had to pick it up. Now I just need to, you know, read it. 

Recommended by: Cody
Barely a shift goes by that I don't get the "You need to read The Art of Racing in the Rain" from my co-worker Cody. It's one of those books I know will break my heart (especially since I'm a dog lover and dog owner) so I'm pretty terrified to actually read it.

Recommended by: Meaghan
Meaghan has gone on and on about how good this book is! And I've heard nothing but good things about it from others as well. It's just a matter of actually sitting down and reading it.

Recommended by: Kathy, also all of Twitter
Another one of those "It's on my list, I just haven't gotten to it" books. Everyone went crazy about this book and I meant to read it...but I never did. Soon! Hopefully soon!

Recommended by: ERRYONE (Especially the bestie)
OKAY YES, I HAVEN'T READ THE WHOLE HARRY POTTER SERIES. I read the first book as a child and then tried and failed three times to read the second book. I just found it SO. BORING. This year, I decided to try it again (mostly cause my bestie threatened to terminate our friendship if I didn't) and ran into the same problem. I was utterly bored during the second book. This time I pushed through it, and now I'm (slowly) making my way through the rest of the series. (One of my other friends has promised me chocolate when I finish the third book and I plan on taking her up on it soon cause CHOCOLATE). I still am not convinced this will be a series I come to love, but we'll see.

So, guys, what do I read first? What books do you need to get reading?

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight)  

2 comments:

  1. OMG Cameron Post *clutches book to chest* It's so good. One of my favourites. READ IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to read Dorothy Must Die until I found out it's a Full Fathom Five book and now I'm not so sure I want to support that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!