Thursday, August 6, 2015

Goodbye July: Monthly Wrap-Up!

Hi, everyone!

I've decided to start doing a monthly wrap-up post (inspired by Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner's Monthly Rewind) here on the blog! I've loved reading wrap-up posts and thought it was about time I did one myself. This one is coming a bit late (August is always a crazy time for me!) but here it is!

Top Three Things I Did (Outside of Reading!)

1. Visited my bestie.
- My bestie lives about seven hours away from me, which means we get to see each other once a year. This time, it was my turn to go down to her place and I spent six awesome days getting to hang out with one of the best people I know. We went shopping, played dinosaur mini-golf, went to Wonderland, got lots of and lots of ice cream, went to Niagara Falls and basically had the best dang time. It was definitely the highlight of my summer.

2. Got my nose pierced!
- I've been thinking about getting my nose pierced for, like, ever. And the bestie got a little obsessed with piercings and I decided if I was going to do it, I might as well have the moral support and here we are! I don't have a good shot of it just yet (my hair needs a bit of a re-dye so after that) but here's the pic right after it happened. (You can't see hers since it's flipped up).

3. Went to Calypso!
- Calypso is the awesome waterpark about 45min outside the city and I was so happy I got to go this year! My friends and I got discount tickets and spent a hot (and then creepy storm cloudy) day going on awesome rides and laughing. Twas wonderful.

Books Read

I didn't read as much as I would've liked, but what I did read was really damn great.

1) Moonglass by Jessi Kirby (4 stars)
2) Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt (4 stars)
3) Yes Please by Amy Poehler (5 stars)
4) Bright Before Sunrise by Tiffany Schmidt (5 stars)
5) Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi (5 stars)
6) Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi (4.5 stars) 

Blog Activity
Well, the blog was pretty inactive this month. In fairness, I was pretty dang busy and on vacation much of that time.



Soundtrack of My Summer
 
Something you guys might not know about me is that I'm a huge music lover. I'm really passionate about the bands I love and push them on as many people as I can. I read all the liner notes, collect CDs, and quote lyrics like it's going out of style. This month I've been listening to:

"Miles Away" - The Maine

Favourite Lyric: "A tongue full of only tomorrow's will never quench your thirst for today"
Why I Love It: This is such a fun, summer song and I adore it with all my heart.

"21 and Invincible" - Something Corporate
Favourite Lyric: "We're 21 and invincible, I can't wait to f**k this up."
Why I Love It: I'm only 21 for six more days (OMG WUT) and this song has been the soundtrack of my year. It's all about how much possibility is it front of you 

"Human" - Of Monsters and Men
Favourite Lyric: "I am lost and led only by stars"
Why I Love It: It's so enchanting and the lyrics crawl right into your soul.

"Brand New Day" - Kodaline
Favourite Lyric: "I'll be flicking stones at your window, I'll be waiting outside 'til your ready to go, won't you come down, come away with me?"
Why I Love It: Currently my favourite Kodaline song. It captures that feeling of wanderlust while also reminding me of all the possibilities summer has to offer.

"Keep In Mind, Transmorgrification Is a New Technology" - Mayday Parade

Favourite Lyric: "You'll say you lack the courage and guts of a hero even when they're on your side"
Why I Love It: NEW MAYDAY PARADE. Mayday Parade is my favourite band. Has been for the last eight years. This new song is a bit of a throwback to their original EP but also a new kind of style. And I really like it. October 9th can't come soon enough. 

Looking Ahead at August
- August is always nuts for me. I usually try to squeeze in every last bit of summer I can out of the month, and it always goes by too fast. It's also my birthday month (eee!) and the month 101 Week starts. I'm an exec member of my student association now which means I'm even more involved in 101 Week than usual. August is  So! Lots of stuff happening!

How was your July? I hope it was awesome!

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!