Friday, May 24, 2013

Review: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Opal (Lux #3)
Author:  Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Release Date: December 11th 2012
Source: Purchased 

My Rating: 5/5

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

This. Freakin. Book. UGH.

I mean, way to rip my heart to tiny little bits, Jennifer Armentrout. After I put down this book (and closed my dropped jaw) I just sat and stared at the wall. I couldn't process all the overwhelming feels I had! For days afterward, I kept wanting to read more Katy and Daemon and was heartbroken that I had to wait until August for the next one! This series simply keeps getting better and better. 

One thing that really drew me to this series (besides the enormous amount of praise) was the fact that it's about aliens. There aren't too many books about aliens out there, and none as cool as the Luxen. They're literally aliens made of light. How awesome sauce is that? In Opal, there were enemies abound for these crazy creatures. I never knew who to trust or what was going to happen. The book was glued to my hands because I could simply not stop until I knew how this was all going to play out!

Opal was also a pretty emotional book. All the characters had to deal with the final events in Onyx and how it affected their lives and relationships. I kind of wanted to just reach in and give them all a hug. They really needed it. I was heartbroken for them, and kept hoping they could work everything out. I loved the dynamic this group have developed and I was itching to get it back.

Throughout the novel, I felt on edge. I had been told by many people that this book was both fantastic and utterly heart-breaking. I could tell from the beginning that something big was in the works and was waiting for the moment when it would all fall apart. And when it did, well, let's just say I was certainly not ready for it. I may have gotten misty eyed. I may have shook the book. And maybe, just maybe, my heart still hurts just thinking about it. (Seriously, like, can I have Origin now?)

The best part, in my opinion, of this series is the relationship between Katy and Daemon. It is so enjoyable to read about, and the two of them are a great couple. In Opal, their relationship was tested, strengthened, and brought to a whole new level. They just work. They always are encouraging each other to do better and are stronger when they are together. I love their banter back and forth. It never fails to make me smile. I also really loved how caring they were in this book. You could see that all these tough times have pushed them closer together. Daemon melted my heart, and Katy did me proud. I don't think I would love this series as much as I do if it weren't for these two fantastic characters.

Opal was simply one of those books I couldn't help but love. That gave me THE FEELS in every way possible and simply made me want more. Just writing this review is making me want to read it again! If you're looking for a book that will rock your socks in the very best way, look at the Lux series!

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight) 

Find This Book: Amazon | Chapters/Indigo | Goodreads | Jennifer L. Armentrout's Website 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!