Sunday, September 30, 2012

All Covered Up: Just One Day by Gayle Forman

On Wednesday, the cover of Gayle Forman's new novel Just One Day was revealed over at EW's Shelf Life! The reveal included a description and excerpt! Check out the cover below:

Sheltered American good girl Allyson “LuLu” Healey has always followed the rules. Laid-back 20-year-old Dutch actor Willem De Ruiter has never been given too many rules to follow, so he just makes them up as he goes along. But when the two first meet in England at an underground performance of William Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night, there’s an undeniable spark. As they spend just one day together in Paris, that spark bursts into a flame of love, or so it seems to Allyson, anyhow, until the following morning, when she wakes up to discover that Willem has disappeared without a trace. Over the next year, Allyson is forced to come to terms with the narrow confines of the life that has been built for her, and, haltingly at first, through Shakespeare, through travel, and through looking for Willem, to break free of those confines. (Summary from EW Shelf Life)

I'm a HUGE fan of If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman and I've been desperate to pick up her new novel! Her story telling is stunning and beautiful and her characters are so realistic. These novels make you have all the FEELINGS, and that's exactly what I look for in contemporary books. After reading the description of Just One Day I'm even more excited to read it! Travel! Shakespeare! Romance! What else could a girl ask for? The cover itself isn't my favorite but I think it captures the atmosphere of the book well (I'm just not a fan of faces on books). This is going to be one heck of a book!

Just One Day is out January 8th, 2013 from Dutton!

- Ciara (Lost at Midnight)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love myself some comments so if you have one feel free to add it! Hope you have an awesomely book-filled day!